If your company uses categories for customers and would like those categories to be global for the whole company.
For any Outlook categories that you create, you must have the other users add those into their Master Category List in Outlook in order to share those between multiple users.
The easiest way to do this is to create a “dummy” contact in Prophet and assign ALL categories to this contact. The reason behind this is so other users can easily open the “dummy” contact and add all categories into their master list.
To do this, follow the steps below.
- Create a new contact with the name “Contact Category”
- Click on 'Categorize' and select 'ALL CATEGORIES'
- Select all categories/create all categories that you want to share
- Save and close contact
- Open 'Contact Manager' in Prophet
- Open up “Contact Category” contact that the initial setup created
- Click on Categorize and select ALL CATEGORIES.
- All categories from another user will appear there in white and say “Not in Master Category List” in parenthesis next to the category.
- To add these categories into their master list, highlight a white category and click on NEW
- Hit OK (this will auto assign a color, but color matching is unnecessary).
- Repeat for all categories and make sure all are selected. Add any that are needed.
- Save and Close
If you're still having issues after that you'll need to setup a support ticket by clicking HERE or call us: +1.800.399.8980
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.