You will need to read and follow the instructions below if you are going to be migrating and meet one of the items below:
- If you are moving from Office 365 to your own Exchange server
- If you are moving from your own Exchange server to Office 365 service
When moving from Office 365 to Exchange, or vice versa, you will need to update settings in Prophet to reflect the change as well. Below are the things you will need to change/update during an e-mail server migration.
Step A: Migrate and Setup Outlook** - IT Department
- Please Inform your IT Department that they must copy ALL data from the old server when transferring to the new server. If only the 'surface' data is copied then it will break Prophet as the meta-data that Prophet uses to identify records will get erased during the migration.
- Your Office 365 admin will need to create a 'Public Shared Folder' in your O365 admin page if your
- Your IT department will most likely complete the steps above of migrating your Email server and then updating Outlook to connect to the new email.
Step B: Update Your Working Contact Folder Location - Prophet Client
Step C: Re-Configure 'Manage Shared Folders' - Prophet Admin
Your Prophet administrator will need to re-configure your Company's shared folders if you were using this feature. Not all companies use this feature.
- Launch Outlook, click the 'Prophet' tab (top of Outlook) and then click 'Settings'
- In the 'Prophet Administrator' window, click the 'Manage Shared Folders' tab.
- Set your departments to the new 'Public Shared Folder' your IT/Exchange Admin would have created from Step A.
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.